Thursday, April 23, 2015

Assiduous April

This month I decided to do a little research when giving this post a title. (Thank you TJ for napping and the others for being at school.)  I wanted something to show what these past three weeks have been like and to be an alliteration.  (It has been said that I don't ask for a lot but that when I want things I have very odd requests.)

And so...our title for April:  Assiduous April.  Assiduous means to work hard or do things very thoroughly.  These past weeks I think our family has done just that!  We've had a family holiday to Norway (see previous posts), my birthday, TJs first birthday, Rosie's 8th birthday (with all the birthday celebrations, etc.), a return to work and school, service for friends in need and church and a weekend away for Kris and me.  And... it's only the 23rd of April!  Whew.

Tidbit: TJ may be the smallest yet. Weighing in at only 17.9 lbs at a year!! Wow.

Before delighting you with pictures of our lives, I also wanted to share something from a devotion I received today.  As most of you know we are in the process of "negotiating" for orders.  We are meant to conclude our England tour this December but may leave September time frame (date to be determined yet).  San Diego was filled last month and this month we've selected Augusta, GA.  We hope to know more in the coming weeks, and this is just how it goes at this time in a military person's life.  You request, you wait, you find out, you wait, etc. and that's just how it goes.  Related to our unknown future, my devotion today was superb and God is just that.  Amazing and all-knowing.  I think He knows in our subconscious (because we cannot let the children know our unrest about not knowing, etc.)  we are feeling a little lost.  Sad about leaving our life here and the friends we've made and the comfort in knowing what's going on, excited about being on the same continent as most of our family and unease about where are we going to live, where will the kids go to school, how will Kris find his job, will the kids settle ok?  As Christians, these feelings are normal, but have to trust that God is with us and will be there with us through it all.  It's not easy (especially when everyone wants answers!) but no one said life was easy.  God just makes it endurable as long as we trust in Him!

And I quote from the Mustard Seed Devotion:

"There is no longer a physical Ark of the Covenant to leas us when we face the raging rivers of this world, but Jesus is always there to be our guide.  Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6b).  When our way is dark, He is the light who leads the way.  His way is the only way to eternal life.

Some videos of our lives...










                                                      Now for some pictures!!!

Rosie and her girls at the Preschool Frozen Fundraiser. 8 April 2015

Pearl was all into the nails, hair and activities! 

Pearl and friend Klodi (he was Prince Hans, of course!)

TJ (courtesy of Ana's camera)

After swimming at the nearby park (courtesy of Anne S.'s camera)



We splurged celebrating both TJ and Rosie's birthdays and hired a bouncy castle for the weekend.  Not sure who had more fun in it - the kids or Kris!

TJ loving his birthday gift - a toothbrush!

Bit less creative than previous years, but still unique.  Thanks to Anne S. for her decorating skills in writing the words in chocolate!

The party...

Just a cute one of Rosie & Logan "getting along".  Notice TJ in the background reading his own book?

Our weekend away!  Went to a Donahey's Dancing with the Stars weekend with great friends, Darren & Vierka Douch.  Thanks to Jim & Roseann McKechnie for watching our four and giving us the opportunity!  It was a blast (and I think it surprised Kris that he enjoyed it so much, too!)

Saturday night, the Black Tie event.

 And that's it.  I've let TJ cry long enough to finish this but it's time to get him.  Enjoy the update and do keep in touch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment